Cable Installers are telecommunication specialists that install cables in people’s homes and in offices. Their job is to ensure that the cables are laid correctly and to assist with the installation of electrical equipment such as smart televisions, routers, telephones, and computers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cable Installer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Cable Installer to install and maintain cabling systems for our customers. In this role you will be required to assess the needs of the customer, lay the required cables, and assist with the installation of cabled equipment. You may also be required to troubleshoot networking or equipment issues.
To ensure success as a Cable Installer, you should have expert knowledge of telecommunication systems, advanced troubleshooting skills, and high-level interpersonal skills. A top-notch Cable Installer works quickly and efficiently while maintaining strong customer relations.
Cable Installer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with customers to discuss their cabling needs.
- Mapping out the area and assessing equipment requirements.
- Installing cables in homes and offices.
- Identifying and removing old or redundant cables.
- Troubleshooting cable and network issues.
- Assisting with the setup of equipment, including televisions, routers, telephones, and computers.
- Troubleshooting cable and equipment malfunctions.
- Providing basic operating instructions.
- Completing job reports.
- Maintaining stock levels at the office and in the vehicle.
Cable Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a Cable Technician or Cable Installer.
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunication systems and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources