Also known as PC Technicians or Desktop Support Technicians, Computer Technicians are tasked with maintaining computer systems, troubleshooting errors, maintaining internet connectivity, running diagnostic tests, maintaining servers, repairing computer hardware, and providing technical support.
Computer Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a motivated and highly technical Computer Technician to manage, monitor, and repair our computer systems, and also ensure that systems are configured correctly and are running efficiently. Duties for the Computer Technician will include installing software patches, diagnosing and repairing problems, monitoring networks, repairing server errors, resolving hard disk failures, configuring software and drivers, performing regular system upgrades, promoting data security, managing workstations, and writing memos on computer best practices. Your outstanding tech expertise and knowledge of IT infrastructure will assist our organization in improving efficiency, achieving key metrics, enhancing customer service, and ensuring that our computer systems are optimized for day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess superior problem-solving skills, extensive technical knowledge, strong communication skills, good task management, and critical thinking skills. Ultimately, the technically gifted Computer Technician must enhance systems efficiency, monitor and improve network security, provide timely technical support, and introduce new technology to our organization.
Computer Technician Responsibilities:
- Identifying and troubleshooting problems.
- Maintaining hardware and software.
- Resolving network and connectivity issues.
- Repairing motherboards and upgrading firmware.
- Installing software applications and CRM programs.
- Handling security updates.
- Providing technical support.
- Testing and debugging programs.
- Managing workstations.
- Coaching end-users.
Computer Technician Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Knowledge of data storage and data recovery.
- Exceptional technical expertise.
- Superior working knowledge of computer systems.
- Time and task management.
- Good communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software.