Appliance Repair Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly skilled appliance repair technician to perform all repair, installation, and maintenance duties required by customers. The appliance repair technician’s responsibilities include responding to calls to fix gas leaks, testing the functioning of newly installed appliances and making adjustments as needed, and informing customers of future maintenance work that may be required. You should also be able to refer to appliance manuals to resolve difficult problems.
To be successful as an appliance repair technician, you should keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in home appliances. Ultimately, an outstanding Appliance Repair Technician should be able to demonstrate excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills as well as achieve exceptional customer service.
Appliance Repair Technician Responsibilities:
- Examining customers' appliances and identifying the cause of appliance breakdowns.
- Performing maintenance work on customers' appliances.
- Providing rough estimates to customers on how much it would cost to repair damaged or malfunctioning appliances.
- Repairing or replacing defective or damaged appliance components upon approval from customers.
- Advising customers on how to use appliances correctly.
- Installing various large appliances for customers, such as washers, wall ovens, and stoves.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all items/parts used to repair, replace, or maintain appliances.
- Billing customers and collecting payments.
Appliance Repair Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- National Appliance Service Technician Certification (NASTeC) is advantageous.
- Proven experience repairing, installing, and maintaining home appliances.
- The ability to use various hand tools.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.