A Service Technician is a skilled worker that can operate in a variety of industries to provide services and repairs. The Service Technician, also known as a Field Service Technician, mainly goes to the customer's location to fix problematic machines or equipment that cannot easily be moved due to size or connections with outer systems.
Post your job description on these sites when you're done.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Service Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a technically skilled Service Technician to travel to our customers' homes or businesses to perform equipment and machine repairs. The Service Technician's responsibilities include traveling to customers' locations, remotely accessing equipment, and performing routine maintenance. The Service Technician will install and test products and provide customers with instructions on the proper usage of the product.
To be successful as a Service Technician, you should have excellent technical and mechanical skills. You should have experience with basic hand, power, and diagnostic tools, and you should be physically fit to lift heavy equipment.
Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Answering telephone inquiries and assisting clients.
- Installing and testing products, equipment, and machinery and providing instructions to customers on the proper usage of their product.
- Using diagnostic tools to identify issues and evaluating the available information.
- Fixing defective or broken products or ordering the necessary parts to replace faulty or worn-out parts.
- Servicing home-based equipment, such as security systems, appliances, computer equipment, televisions, and heating and ventilation units.
- Servicing heavy equipment, such as farm or factory machines, diesel engines, and computer networks.
- Promoting the company's services.
- Maintaining your technical and mechanical skills.
Service Technician Requirements:
- An Associate's degree or technical certification in the industry.
- The ability to work independently.
- Managing overtime on service calls with patience and not rushing the job.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- The ability to diagnose and solve problems based on customers' non-technical descriptions.
- Strong working knowledge of equipment and tools used in the industry.
- Physical fitness to lift heavy equipment, work in confined spaces, and bend frequently.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources