Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Service Technicians maintain and repair air conditioners, and other indoor air quality systems. A HVAC Service Technician performs emergency repairs and warranty services as well.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
HVAC Service Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC Service Technician to maintain and repair our customers' air quality systems. The HVAC Service Technician will assist with repairing and calibrating systems, and replacing various components such as transformers, thermostats and compressors. You will diagnose problems, explain these to customers in clear, non-technical terms, relay costs to customers, and offer alternative solutions. You will order and collect parts once customer gives approval, and communicate with supervisor regarding challenges.
To ensure success your customer skills should be as good as your technical aptitude, and you need to be well-versed in safety precautions. Top candidates are detail-oriented, organized and friendly.
HVAC Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems, and performing warranty services.
- Troubleshooting defective HVAC systems and equipment to make diagnoses.
- Performing preventative maintenance by cleaning reheat coils and air handling units, and monitoring and calibrating air handling units.
- Improving air quality by cleaning ducts to optimize efficiency.
- Fixing, replacing and adjusting vents, and ductwork.
- Ensuring condensation drain line is free of debris and draining properly.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keeping daily logs and records of maintenance functions.
- Maintaining service truck.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Health and Safety Act.
HVAC Service Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ year commercial HVAC experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Proficient electrical and mechanical diagnostic skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Physically agile, dexterous, and able to work in confined spaces.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources