Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Service Technicians maintain and repair indoor air quality systems. Ideal candidates are reliable, knowledgeable and safety-minded. Avoid sullen, clumsy candidates.
HVAC Service Technician Interview Questions
1. Could you give me an example from past experience where you won a difficult customer over?
HVAC Service Technicians deal extensively with customers to diagnose problems with indoor air quality systems, explain costs, and arrange access to perform maintenance and repairs. Listen for the candidate to display strong people skills.
2. Are you proficient with maintaining and repairing HVAC systems, and why would you say so?
The potential hire's answer will show their experience and technical aptitude.
3. What was the most complicated technical problem you have solved as an HVAC Service Technician?
The candidate's answer should give you further insight into their technical skills, and will demonstrate their problem-solving skills.
4. Could you give examples from previous positions where you displayed excellent time-management skills?
An HVAC Service Technician needs proficient time-management skills, as they collect spares and regularly meet up with customers. It is important for the candidate to display this skill.
5. Are you pro-active, and why would you say so?
It is important for an HVAC Service Technician to identify potential problems before they become bigger and more expensive, therefore the candidate needs to convince you they are pro-active.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources