Field Managers, also known as Field Service Managers or Field Operations Managers, oversee, supervise, and evaluate employees in the field and at customers' homes or sites. Field Managers work in a wide range of industries, including heating systems, internet technology, emergency medical services, construction, the non-profit sector, and more.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Field Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a Field Manager who is highly motivated and results-driven to join our team. The responsibilities of the Field Manager include hiring, training, and overseeing our Field Representatives, supervising our workers on site, and directing operations in the field.
A successful Field Manager is an independent thinker with excellent leadership, observational, and analytical skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Field Manager is goal-oriented and has a strong working knowledge of the fieldwork being performed.
Field Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, and motivating Field Representatives.
- Assigning territories, schedules, and the appropriate supplies and equipment to staff members.
- Traveling to customer sites and evaluating Field Representatives.
- Generating reports that highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each Field Representative.
- Helping employees to improve and tracking employee progress.
- Submitting the generated reports to HR.
- Providing training programs to Field Representatives to ensure they can perform their duties effectively.
- Maintaining all field rules and responsibilities and ensuring Field Representatives adhere to the rules.
- Responding to all on-call tasks and supporting the Field Representatives under your supervision.
- Scheduling maintenance and repair for fleet vehicles that adheres to the fleet vehicle care budget.
Field Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Administration, or a related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration may be advantageous.
- Experience in the relevant industry.
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and independent thinking.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources