Field Supervisors manage and oversee the performance of the field staff for a variety of projects, which can involve either engineering, construction, or the maintenance of existing landscapes and buildings. They coordinate the work of different departments involved in a project.
Field Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working Field Supervisor to manage the day-to-day field operations of the assigned work team. The Field Supervisor’s responsibilities include ordering equipment that is necessary for the project at hand, scheduling delivery of the equipment, and reviewing the equipment budget to ensure that there are no cost overruns. You should also be able to train and mentor field staff.
To be successful as a Field Supervisor, you should be to manage the work schedules of the field staff, adjusting them as needed. Ultimately, an outstanding Field Supervisor should be able to build good working relationships with customers and resolve customer complaints in an efficient manner.
Field Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Liaising with engineering and project management teams to ensure that the project design is accurate before work commences.
- Ordering and scheduling the delivery of all equipment needed for the project.
- Acting as the main point of communication between the main field and the office.
- Managing the work schedules and time cards for all field staff.
- Providing leadership to on-site staff, sub-contractors, and other parties.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints.
- Ensuring that safety policies are strictly adhered to.
- Reviewing project progress to ensure that deadlines are met.
Field Supervisor Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in an industry-specific role is advantageous.
- Proven experience supervising field operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- The ability to work in different environmental conditions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound knowledge of contract terms and pricing.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources