Construction Managers work together with project managers, architects and engineers to complete building projects from start to end. This may include ensuring the project is completed on time and cost-effectively. This may also include ensuring various regulations are complied with.
Construction Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized Construction Manager to oversee all aspects of our building project, including meeting with project partners, managing supervisors and teams. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring all objectives and standards are met, and for finding solutions to problems as they arise. You will ensure all equipment and materials are available on site as needed.
To be successful in this role, you should ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets and exceeds all objectives, and ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates will be skillful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritizing them— while staying on top off all other aspects of the project.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Meeting with engineers, architects and contractors on an ongoing basis regarding project objectives and progress.
- Managing and motivating site foremen and teams.
- Ensuring all equipment needed is available on site.
- Ensuring budget costs relating to wages, contractors, materials and equipment aren’t exceeded.
- Approving purchase requests.
- Ensuring the construction process starts and ends on time, and ensuring daily and weekly deadlines are met.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety and all other regulations.
- Issuing SI's and VOs to project management.
- Conducting ongoing quality inspections.
Construction Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Projects, and CCS.
- 5+years construction site management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Skilled at solving conflict between different project members and staff.
- Outstanding negotiation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.