Construction workers (also known as construction laborers) work on construction sites. They are responsible for a number of on-site tasks, such as removing debris, erecting scaffolding, loading and unloading building materials, and assisting with operating heavy equipment.
Construction Worker Job Description
We are seeking a hard-working and reliable construction worker to join our team. You will participate in a variety of construction projects and follow construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor. Although experience isn't essential, you will have to be physically fit and a fast learner.
To be successful in this position, you will work well as part of a team, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Construction Worker Responsibilities:
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
- Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
- Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding.
- Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.
- Assisting with transport and operation of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Regulating traffic and erecting traffic signs.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Digging holes, tunnels, and shafts.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
Construction Worker Job Requirements:
- No formal qualification is required, although a high school diploma may be preferred.
- Similar work experience may be beneficial.
- Licensure to work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be mild-tempered and a team player.
- Be healthy, strong, and fit.