A construction laborer or construction worker does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards. A general laborer may also run some types of equipment, or put together and take apart scaffolding and other temporary structures. They are essential to highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Construction Laborer Job Description template
We are a busy construction firm and are always hiring dedicated Construction Laborers to join our team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, load and unload frequently heavy materials, and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.
Construction Laborer Responsibilities:
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
Construction Laborer Requirements:
- Must have valid driver license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
Construction Laborer FAQ:
What does a laborer do in construction?
Also known as construction workers, construction laborers handle many of the physically demanding tasks on construction sites. Add your essential construction laborer duties to our construction job description to create a custom job listing for your business.
Can I edit or add to your construction worker job description?
When you advertise a construction laborer job, you should provide potential applicants with details about construction laborer duties and expectations at your organization. Feel free to customize any section of our construction job description template to get a listing that meets your needs.
What information should I include when I post a construction laborer job?
As you create your construction worker job description, you should focus on highlighting the construction worker skills you’re looking for in your next hire. It’s also helpful to give candidates information about the construction duties they will be expected to perform. Add your details to our construction description to begin designing your next job advertisement and start attracting top talent today.
Do you have interview questions for construction laborers?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a construction worker description, take a moment to review our construction laborer interview questions.