A construction laborer or construction worker does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards. A general laborer may also run some types of equipment, or put together and take apart scaffolding and other temporary structures. They are essential to highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
Construction Laborer Job Description template
We are a busy construction firm and are always hiring dedicated Construction Laborers to join our team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, load and unload frequently heavy materials, and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.
Construction Laborer Responsibilities:
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
Construction Laborer Requirements:
- Must have valid driver license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
Post a Construction Laborer job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission