A Construction Superintendent is responsible for overseeing staff on a construction site and for handling the project’s schedule. Also known as a Construction Foreman. In some instances, a Construction Manager fulfills the role of a Construction Superintendent.
Construction Superintendent Job Description Template
We are looking for a deadline-driven Construction Superintendent to oversee our construction project and to act as the link between various project parties. The Construction Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team, and oversee all work on site. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for orderliness on site and ensure compliance with safety regulations. You will ensure quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are available on site at all times. You will liaise with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
To ensure success you should complete projects on time and within budget, and never compromise on quality. Top candidates will be strong leaders, pro-active and perform well under pressure.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Attending production meetings.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and budget, and ensuring adherence to these.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Placing orders for materials, and being responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
- Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders and RFIs.
- Liaising with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
Construction Superintendent Requirements:
- 5+ years experience as a Construction Superintendent.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.