Field Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the work of an assigned, on-site team for a variety of projects relating to either engineering, construction, or the maintenance of existing buildings and landscapes.
When interviewing Field Supervisors, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate dedication, drive, and a passion for mentoring on-site staff. Be wary of candidates who have poor leadership and communication skills.
Interview Questions for Field Supervisors:
1. How do you motivate on-site staff to carry out their duties effectively?
Demonstrates the candidate’s leadership skills and ability to motivate staff.
2. How would you deal with a situation in which a staff member has made a significant mistake?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and problem-solving skills.
3. What critical decisions have you made as a Field Supervisor?
Demonstrates the candidate’s leadership skills and experience.
4. How has your supervision style changed over time?
Demonstrates the candidate’s level of experience and industry knowledge.
5. How do you handle a complaint from a customer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s customer service skills as well as problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources