Interview Questions for Foremen:
1. How do you educate on-site personnel regarding safety procedures and how do you ensure their safety?
The candidate’s answer will demonstrate knowledge of on-site safety requirements and equipment, and the candidate's ability to train personnel.
2. In previous projects, how did you introduce suitable alternatives to reduce costs as the need arose?
It is of paramount importance the candidate gives concrete and workable solutions to reduce costs. You want to feel confident the candidate will be able to complete your project within budget.
3. What would you do if extreme weather conditions or labor action caused delays in the project?
This will show if the potential candidate is equipped to deal with unforeseen circumstances that may cause delays in a project that has no room for delays.
4. Could you give me examples from past experiences where you identified environmental hazards and intervened?
The candidate's response will give you insight into their ability to identify environmental hazards, their ability to address the problem, and their people skills.
5. How have you had to deal with difficult people or situations at work in the past?
Tests interpersonal communication and leadership skills.