A Construction Inspector evaluates a wide range of building structures to determine structural soundness. Ideal candidates will be effective communicators, be detail-oriented and principled. Avoid dishonest candidates with poor communication skills.
Construction Inspector Interview Questions
1. How do you stay up to date with new developments in the construction industry?
It is of vital importance for a Construction Inspector to have current knowledge of industry developments. The potential hire needs to clearly express concrete ways of developing new knowledge and insights.
2. What would you do if you were asked to conduct an inspection duty you have inadequate experience in?
The candidate’s answer will show their knowledge of which steps to take, and their awareness of suitable resources to refer to.
3. Could you recall a time in the past when you needed money, but rejected dishonest means to get access to it?
The candidate's answer will demonstrate their integrity. It is of paramount importance for a Construction Inspector to be upstanding, as they are vulnerable to being presented with bribes.
4. Could you give me examples from past experiences where you identified environmental hazards and intervened?
The candidate's response will give you insight into their ability to identify environmental hazards, their ability to address the problem and their people skills.
5. Have you issued violation notices or stop work orders in previous positions, and how did you go about it?
The potential hire's answer will demonstrate the ability to identify inadequate structures and materials, and their ability to intervene.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources