Interview Questions for Building Inspectors:
1. What techniques would you use to find irregularities with construction design and measurement?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of the building process and highlights the candidate’s attention to detail.
2. How would you assess the safety and cleanliness of a construction site?
Demonstrates an understanding of safety regulations and site maintenance.
3. What structural or electrical fault would warrant issuing a stop-work order?
Indicates an understanding of engineering and electrical processes.
4. How do you ensure your emotions do not interfere with the approval process?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to make impartial decisions.
5. How would you deal with clients that do not accept your decision?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal skills.