Construction Supervisor Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable, deadline-driven construction supervisor to oversee construction crews at our company. The construction supervisor's responsibilities include recruiting new crew members, monitoring performance and making recommendations for improvement, as well as educating all staff on safety. You should ensure that projects stay within budget and that required materials and equipment are available.
To be successful as a construction supervisor, you should demonstrate a sound understanding of safety regulations and building codes and be able to transfer this knowledge to your team. Top-notch construction supervisors are leaders who can identify problems and find feasible solutions to them.
Construction Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Ensuring teams work together to deliver quality work to strict deadlines.
- Monitoring construction processes, and providing training and team building sessions are required.
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations at all times.
- Performing equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- Scheduling regular meetings with vendors, site inspectors, managers, and staff.
- Writing up reports, budgets, project plans, and presenting them to relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with architects and other professionals.
- Staying up-to-date with safety codes and advancements in construction.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff.
- Processing paperwork and traveling to multiple sites as required.
Construction Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Bachelor's degree in construction, business, management, or engineering preferable.
- Experience in the construction industry required.
- Experience in a leadership role recommended.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus and keep calm under pressure.
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects.