Interview Questions for Construction Estimators:
1. What was the largest estimation that you performed?
Highlights industry experience and the ability to take the lead on involved projects.
2. If given a tight, non-negotiable turnaround time, how would you create a construction proposal?
Tests the ability to organize work under stressful conditions.
3. Which elements of construction proposals are often overlooked?
Demonstrates industry knowledge and attentiveness.
4. How would you characterize the connections you have forged with suppliers?
Reveals interpersonal and networking skills.
5. What role should clients play in the estimation process?
Shows an appreciation for clients' requests, input, and feedback.