Construction coordinators make sure building projects are done to standard, on schedule and within budget by managing all the workers, materials, equipment and finances needed.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Construction Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking enthusiastic, pragmatic candidates who understand that a happy team is a hardworking team and that honest communication is vital for getting projects done. Construction coordinators can expect to work with teams of various sizes and with budgets that constantly shift and change. Working with local, state and federal codes and laws, and liaising with developers, clients, workers and inspectors is all part of an ordinary day’s work. They should have a firm grasp of electrical, plumbing and carpentry work, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a steadfast approach to cost management.
To be successful as a construction coordinator you should be an optimistic, calm, perceptive problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of workers, a basic understanding of project management software and an unflinching respect for modern standard practices, rules and regulations.
Construction Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Managing the quality of work and budget costs.
- Communicating with clients, developers, architects and engineers.
- Preparing work schedules for contractors and laborers.
- Identifying, developing and utilizing the talent pool to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Adhering to both budgetary and time constraints.
- Visiting and inspecting building sites.
- Reporting on progress and challenges.
- Finding, employing and managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.
Construction Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering, or building science is preferred.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in construction required.
- Recognized internship beneficial.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Voluntary certification beneficial.
- Working knowledge of project management software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources