Field Sales Managers monitor the efforts of Sales Representatives to ensure that sufficient sales are closed. Field Sales Managers are often referred to as Outside Sales Managers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Field Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are on the hunt for a focused Field Sales Manager to train and supervise our Sales Representatives. The Field Sales Manager should outline and communicate sales targets, delegate tasks, and ensure that staff performance meets our standards of excellence. You should also conduct regular and extensive research to consolidate our spot in the market.
To be successful as a Field Sales Manager, you should be eager to take a hands-on role in contributing to our firm's profitability. Invariably, a remarkable Field Sales Manager will promote their accessibility to staff by maintaining a steady, approachable presence.
Field Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Partaking in staff recruitment and ad hoc disciplinary processes.
- Determining and conveying sales targets that facilitate the actualization of our company's broader objectives.
- Assigning work to Sales Representatives in an equitable manner.
- Supervising staff to ensure that they perform the correct tasks to prescribed standards.
- Monitoring random negotiations to discern whether employees are adopting effective sales techniques.
- Ensuring that staff members are reimbursed for work-related purchases.
- Maintaining contact with clients to better understand and fulfill their needs.
- Using insights derived from performance reviews and market research to tweak systems, as needed.
- Hosting ongoing training to ensure that employees are familiar with our product releases.
Field Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a pertinent business-related field.
- Proven experience as a Field Sales Manager or similar.
- Valid driver's license.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and administer insightful market research protocols.
- Capacity to sustain consequential working relationships.
- Cautiously optimistic, personable, and resolute.
- An arsenal of brilliant sales techniques that you are eager to share.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources