Area Managers drive company sales by ensuring that the stores within their region operate smoothly. Most Area Managers have prior managerial experience within their companies, though some are sourced from external organizations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Area Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a pioneering Area Manager to direct and observe the functions of a cohort of stores. The Area Manager will be required to develop business plans, monitor sales, and ensure adherence to company procedures. You should also encourage the provision of uniform service by the stores under your supervision.
To be successful as an Area Manager, you should be able to allocate your time and energy in an effective manner, such that all stores derive benefit from your expertise. Ultimately, an exceptional Area Manager will promote collaboration between our stores to encourage a semblance of community, and to boost sales.
Area Manager Responsibilities:
- Evaluating existing operations and developing appropriate strategies.
- Training Store Managers in effective sales and supervisory techniques.
- Creating and communicating sales targets at regular intervals.
- Monitoring sales across stores to check that quotas are met.
- Detecting, investigating, and remedying discrepancies in sales across stores, if required.
- Setting and implementing performance standards across all stores.
- Ensuring that employees observe company protocols.
- Collaborating with other Area Managers to ensure that operations are consistent across the board.
- Traveling to stores to conduct your duties on-site, as needed.
- Informing your Manager of progress and pitfalls on a regular basis.
Area Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional, formal training in Management, Finance, or Sales is preferred.
- Experience as an Area Manager for stores of a similar size.
- Expert knowledge of pertinent financial and employee tracking software.
- Valid driver's license.
- Capacity to lead with poise and conviction.
- Ability to devise relevant and innovative strategies.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- A voice of reason, especially in trying circumstances.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources