Territory Sales Managers oversee the daily sales operations of Sales Representatives that are assigned to a particular geographical area. They train sales employees, develop effective sales strategies, and ensure that sales quotas for an assigned territory are met.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Territory Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a target-oriented and experienced Territory Sales Manager to manage the Sales Representatives of an assigned territory and ensure that sales targets are achieved. The Territory Sales Manager’s responsibilities include recruiting and dismissing Sales Representatives as needed, identifying unmet customer needs, and regularly submitting sales reports to the Sales Director. You should also be able to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and determine the potential impact it may have on company products and services.
To be successful as a Territory Sales Manager, you should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and exercise strong leadership skills. Ultimately, an exceptional Territory Sales Manager should demonstrate excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills at all times.
Territory Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Traveling throughout an assigned territory to train and guide company Sales Representatives.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with customers by ensuring that their needs are met and resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by persuading customers within an assigned territory to purchase company products and services.
- Analyzing sales and marketing data to determine the most effective sales and marketing techniques.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to increase sales within an assigned territory.
- Conducting surveys to better understand customer needs.
- Attending trade shows to promote company products and services.
- Ensuring that brand awareness within an assigned territory meets company expectations.
- Motivating Sales Representatives to achieve sales quotas and evaluating their performance based on their ability or inability to achieve sales quotas.
- Monitoring competitors’ sales activity within an assigned territory.
Territory Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Territory Sales Manager.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources