Fashion Merchandiser Job Description Template
We are searching for a creative fashion merchandiser to join our fashion retail business. As the fashion merchandiser, it will be your responsibility to plan, source, and implement store layouts for multiple locations, work with local fashion designers and suppliers, and use your vast knowledge of the latest fashion trends to create designs.
A successful fashion merchandiser should be up-to-date with the latest developments and trends shaping the fashion industry, possess excellent collaboration and communication skills, and be able to effectively combine both marketing and fashion design expertise to produce sales.
Fashion Merchandiser Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the latest fashion trends, buying patterns, and demographics of our target market.
- Create appealing visual displays that suit our target market, budget, and the latest trends.
- Create a monthly visual merchandise strategy and budget for multiple locations.
- Plan, source, and oversee the implementation of store layouts.
- Purchase the necessary apparel, accessories, and footwear to complete designs.
- Collaborate with fashion designers, suppliers, and distributors to negotiate contracts and finalize deadlines.
- Work closely with the marketing department to discuss advertising requirements and campaigns.
- Attend fashion shows, trade fairs, and seminars on behalf of the business.
- Meet with the Sales Manager to discuss sales reports and customer feedback.
- Ensure all stores have enough supplies and inventory to complete visual displays.
Fashion Merchandiser Requirements:
- Degree in merchandising and/or fashion design.
- Proven experience as a fashion merchandiser or visual merchandiser.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong knowledge of the latest fashion trends and developments.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create original and eye-catching designs that appeal to our target market.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.