Fashion editors oversee a team of writers who report on the latest fashion trends and news from the fashion industry. They are also responsible for the planning of stories, content development, photoshoots, and presentation of fashion-related articles.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Fashion Editor Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented and creative fashion editor to be responsible for the overall planning and creation of fashion-related content for our clients. Your responsibilities will include planning photoshoots and the final presentation of content for magazines, websites, and newspapers.
To be successful as a fashion editor, you should be creative and be able to inspire a team of journalists to produce extraordinary content that fits the brand's style and target market. Ultimately, an outstanding fashion editor should be fashion-conscious and innovative.
Fashion Editor Responsibilities:
- Creating storylines and producing story ideas to suit the magazine, website, or newspaper.
- Building relationships with fashion designers and other related professionals such as photographers.
- Collaborating with a team of writers and fashion experts to create unique content.
- Checking content and edit articles produced by the writers.
- Coordinating with models, fashion designers, and photographers for photoshoots.
- Supervising and managing the layout of the magazine, website, or newspaper.
- Managing expenditures and budgets.
- Representing the brand at fashion shows and other networking events.
- Staying informed of the latest fashion trends and other related news.
- Undertaking regular visits to retail shops to see what fashion items are available.
Fashion Editor Requirements:
- A degree in fashion, journalism, or related field.
- At least five year’s experience as a fashion editor or senior fashion reporter.
- An extensive portfolio of fashion-related work.
- Excellent visualization skills to be able to bring ideas to reality.
- Extended experience in copywriting, editing, and proofreading.
- Above-average experience with software such as InDesign and Photoshop.
- Good time-management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources