Fashion Editor Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented and creative fashion editor to be responsible for the overall planning and creation of fashion-related content for our clients. Your responsibilities will include planning photoshoots and the final presentation of content for magazines, websites, and newspapers.
To be successful as a fashion editor, you should be creative and be able to inspire a team of journalists to produce extraordinary content that fits the brand's style and target market. Ultimately, an outstanding fashion editor should be fashion-conscious and innovative.
Fashion Editor Responsibilities:
- Creating storylines and producing story ideas to suit the magazine, website, or newspaper.
- Building relationships with fashion designers and other related professionals such as photographers.
- Collaborating with a team of writers and fashion experts to create unique content.
- Checking content and edit articles produced by the writers.
- Coordinating with models, fashion designers, and photographers for photoshoots.
- Supervising and managing the layout of the magazine, website, or newspaper.
- Managing expenditures and budgets.
- Representing the brand at fashion shows and other networking events.
- Staying informed of the latest fashion trends and other related news.
- Undertaking regular visits to retail shops to see what fashion items are available.
Fashion Editor Requirements:
- A degree in fashion, journalism, or related field.
- At least five year’s experience as a fashion editor or senior fashion reporter.
- An extensive portfolio of fashion-related work.
- Excellent visualization skills to be able to bring ideas to reality.
- Extended experience in copywriting, editing, and proofreading.
- Above-average experience with software such as InDesign and Photoshop.
- Good time-management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.