An Editor in Chief oversees production of content for publications. Editors in Chief are responsible for reviewing content, such as articles and photographs, developing strategies and style guidelines.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Editor in Chief Job Description Template
We are looking for an Editor in Chief to be responsible for managing the production of all content for the publication. The responsibilities of an Editor in Chief include reviewing articles and photographs, contributing to editorial pieces, and managing day-to-day operations.
To be successful as an Editor in Chief, you should demonstrate accurate writing skills, possess good judgment, and great attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Editor in Chief should have good business acumen, creativity, and be able to work well with a team.
Editor in Chief Responsibilities:
- Editing articles for accuracy, grammar, and style.
- Evaluating content and making decisions on appropriateness for the publication.
- Acting as a representative for the publication at events.
- Developing junior writers.
- Contributing to the recruiting and hiring process.
- Developing the success of the publication.
Editor in Chief Requirements:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, or similar.
- Previous experience as an Editor.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources