Editor Job Description Template:
Our growing publication is searching for an experienced Editor to join our creative team. Your ultimate goal will be to provide exceptional, informative and appealing content to attract our targeted audience and build customer loyalty. You will perform a range of tasks including evaluating proofs, setting publication goals, designing content, and generating story ideas.
As the Editor, you will demonstrate a good eye for detail and know how to manage all the moving parts of a publication. To excel in this position, the successful candidate will also possess excellent communication, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Design the contents of publications based on the company’s publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications.
- Establish the publication standards and goals.
- Research and authenticate facts, dates, and statistics.
- Evaluate and approve design proofs submitted by the media room prior to publication production.
- Recommend stories and produce headline ideas to attract our target audience.
- Coordinate with designers, photographers, writers, and artists.
- Hire and supervise writers, reporters, and other media team employees.
- Meet tight deadlines and monitor budgets.
- Proofread and edit stories or art pieces.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- A creative thinker with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience with MS Office and design software.