Copy Editors review and edit content for quality and readability. Successful applicants will have experience as an English language editor, as well as excellent organizational and time-management skills. Avoid candidates who lack copy-editing experience.
Interview Questions for Copy Editors
1. Can you tell me about your background as a writer and editor?
Reveals work history.
2. How do you plan, organize, and prioritize your workload?
Shows organizational and time-management skills.
3. Can you describe your approach to revising copy to ensure quality, accuracy, and clarity?
Demonstrates candidate’s work style and expertise.
4. Describe a time you provided excellent copy-editing service to an employer or client. How did it benefit them?
Shows attention to detail, reliability, and dedication.
5. Can you tell me about a time where you managed the production process of a publication - including design, layout, and content quality - before a deadline?
Demonstrates time-management, communication, and organizational skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources