Copy Editors review and edit content for proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and layout. They primarily work in media, marketing, and advertising.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Copy Editor Job Description Template
We are seeking a motivated and savvy Copy Editor to oversee our content editing needs in a fast-paced work environment. You will work with a team of writers and designers to curate compelling and accurate content for our organization. Your primary duties will include following a content strategy, proofreading and editing, and collaborating with co-workers to deliver quality projects on time.
To excel in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A Bachelor's Degree in English or related field is a must.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press or Chicago Style.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to in-house style guide.
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines, and straplines
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Collaborate with team to come up with fresh and creative ideas, keeping audience in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of latest media trends and content best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources