An Editor in Chief delegates tasks to junior staff and oversees the production of content for a publication. Editors in Chief make decisions on what is published in the publication, evaluate all content, and act as representatives of the publication.
When interviewing an Editor in Chief, the most suitable candidate should demonstrate accurate writing skills, in-depth knowledge of news and current affairs, and excellent attention to detail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Editor in Chief:
1. How do you improve readability?
Demonstrates ability to accurately edit copy.
2. How do you organize and prioritize your work?
Demonstrates time management skills.
3. Can you tell us about your experience in creating style guides?
Reveals experience with creating style guides.
4. What kind of authors would you consider pursuing for this publication?
Demonstrates an understanding of the publication and what its readers would be interested in.
5. How would you handle a situation where you or a member of the team created a PR crisis?
Demonstrates leadership and crisis management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources