Dancer Job Description Template
We are searching for a graceful, reliable Dancer to join our creative team. The dancer’s responsibilities include showing up on time for rehearsals, performances, and costume fittings, taking instruction from the choreographer or director, practicing routines, and keeping fit through regular exercise and proper diet. You should improve your skills and experience through ongoing training and regular auditions.
To be successful as a dancer, you should be disciplined and demonstrate good time management skills. Outstanding candidates are hardworking self-starters with superb networking skills.
- Keeping fit and strong through regular exercise, proper diet, and enough sleep.
- Showing up on time and preparing well for auditions, rehearsals, photoshoots, promotional events, as well as shows.
- Following the instructions of the choreographer and practicing required dance routines.
- Singing, acting, and performing other related duties if required.
- Conducting research on different dance styles and techniques.
- Understanding personal limitations and abilities and communicating these to the choreographer.
- Collaborating with other dancers and instructors to modify steps, routines, and formations.
- Maintaining good relationships with fellow team members, the instructor, and senior staff.
- Working long hours to perfect routines and being available before and after shows for meet-and-greets and photo opportunities.
- Attending events to expand skillset and network with others.
- Formal training and extensive dance experience.
- A degree in fine arts or similar may be advantageous.
- Athletic ability and mental strength.
- Discipline and diligence.
- Strong attention to detail and professionalism.
- A positive attitude and passion for working with others.