Dance Instructors teach a variety of dance styles and techniques to students from beginner to advanced level. They are professionally trained in one or more disciplines, and typically find employment at schools, dance studios, and community centers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dance Instructor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a passionate dance instructor to join our vibrant dance studio. You will be responsible for teaching and training a dynamic group of students in a range of techniques and dance styles, ensuring that all students are engaged, motivated, and inspired to achieve their goals in their chosen area of dance.
If you love dance and enjoy working with people of all ages, we encourage you to apply. Proven experience as a dance instructor in the specific discipline/s of the dance studio is strongly desired.
- Ability to teach using various dance styles and methodologies from beginner to advanced level.
- Develop dance curriculums and prepare lesson plans.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of teachers and students.
- Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
- Evaluate student performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Choreograph routines and select music for recitals and concerts.
- Conduct group and private lessons as required.
- Provide a fun and creative environment.
- Keep up to date in your discipline and implement any changes to the dance routines and curriculum as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Dance or qualification from an accredited college.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Energetic, driven, creative, and dependable.
- Demonstrate patience and leadership skills.