Dancers use body movements in artistic and expressive ways to entertain others. They can be found in several industries including film, television, music, or theatre, and often perform to music. Dancers usually work alongside choreographers and can perform solo pieces or form part of a group.
When interviewing Dancers, the best candidates will have years of formal training and demonstrate excellent athletic ability. Be wary of those who lack strength, struggle to follow instructions, and display poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Dancers:
1. How do you ensure you stay strong and fit enough to perform?
Tests commitment to dancing, and dedication to staying in peak physical condition.
2. Describe the best performance you’ve ever put on. What did you learn from it?
Reveals more about the dancer, their level of skill and performance abilities, as well as their willingness to learn.
3. Describe a time when you disagreed with an instructor. What happened?
Tests interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to follow instructions and remain professional.
4. What are the most important traits a dancer should have?
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the role, as well as the candidate’s suitability for the position.
5. Have you ever forgotten the dance steps during a performance? What happened?
Demonstrates the ability to stay calm under pressure and recover from mistakes.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources