Interview Questions for Choreographers:
1. Before you develop a dance routine, what do you need to determine?
Reveals more about the candidate, their choreography process, as well as their organizational skills.
2. What skills have you learned as a dancer that make you a good choreographer?
Reveals skill level, experience, and also tests knowledge of the role.
3. Describe the best dance routine you’ve seen. How would you make it better?
Tests attention to detail, problem-solving skills, as well as knowledge of choreography.
4. Can you describe how you would go about developing a dance routine?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of position, as well as planning, organizational, and collaborative skills.
5. A performer is struggling to learn the routine. How do you proceed?
Tests interpersonal and communication skills. Also reveals teaching ability and patience.