Custodian Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working custodian to keep our buildings functionally and aesthetically intact. The custodian will ensure the buildings are tidy, clean and well-maintained. The custodian will sweep, mop and vacuum floors, and dust surfaces. You will clean walls, ceilings, windows and other surfaces. You will prevent and eliminate indoor pests.
To ensure success you need to prioritize tasks and take pride in your work. Top candidates will be energetic, upstanding and dexterous.
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors.
- Waxing furniture and cleaning fixtures.
- Disposing of trash and emptying trash receptacles.
- Performing minor repairs.
- Keeping buildings free from indoor pests.
- Maintaining cleaning equipment.
- Maintaining inventory of cleaning agents and equipment.
- Ensuring equipment and lights are switched off, and premises are locked after hours.
- Collaborating with contract cleaning services.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with handling basic maintenance repairs.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Available to work after hours.
- Resilient to cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Outstanding organizational skills.