A Groundskeeper maintains the grounds of institutions. A Groundskeeper works for schools, universities, resorts and public parks. Also known as Horticulturist, and as Greenskeeper on golf courses.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Groundskeeper Job Description Template
We are looking for an energetic Groundskeeper to keep our institution's grounds functionally and aesthetically sound. The Groundskeeper will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and turf. The Groundskeeper will employ insecticides, chemical sprays, fertilizers and mulches to optimize condition of greenery. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, weeds, plant diseases and harmful insects. You will maintain equipment and supplies, and order as needed.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure grounds are pleasant—both visually and operatively—at all times, while maintaining equipment. Top candidates are hard-working, meticulous and patient.
- Maintaining site landscaping.
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf and irrigation.
- Fertilizing lawn, trees, flowers and shrubs, and spreading mulch.
- Trimming trees, hedges and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws and shovels efficiently.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and power tools.
- Utilizing insecticides, fertilizers and chemical sprays to treat diseases.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting basic irrigation audit and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Removing snow by using shovel or snow blower.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year groundskeeping or related experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Available to work overtime.
- Proficient with sending emails.
- Physically agile and dexterous.