Interview Questions for Criminal Analysts:
1. Who do you think your primary "clients" would be and why?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role as well as their critical thinking skills.
2. What do you think are the best information sources that will help you to identify a criminal trend?
Highlights candidates' current knowledge of industry techniques and trends.
3. What information would you include in a presentation to police officers on a criminal series?
Shows candidates' presentation and communication skills.
4. What would you do if you discovered a crime series in your jurisdiction that may be linked to crimes in other cities?
Indicates candidates' knowledge of policing techniques and how to disseminate information.
5. What steps would you take if a police officer was disrupting your presentation?
Demonstrates candidates' team collaboration and problem-solving skills.