Criminal Analysts work with law enforcement professionals and review police data to look for patterns and predict criminal activity in order to prevent crimes from taking place. They work within police offices or other law enforcement buildings and try to predict when and where a crime might take place.
When interviewing Criminal Analysts, look for candidates who display a strong working knowledge of statistical methodologies and criminal data analysis computer software. Be wary of candidates who lack strong communication, collaboration, and strategic thinking skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Criminal Analysts:
1. Who do you think your primary "clients" would be and why?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role as well as their critical thinking skills.
2. What do you think are the best information sources that will help you to identify a criminal trend?
Highlights candidates' current knowledge of industry techniques and trends.
3. What information would you include in a presentation to police officers on a criminal series?
Shows candidates' presentation and communication skills.
4. What would you do if you discovered a crime series in your jurisdiction that may be linked to crimes in other cities?
Indicates candidates' knowledge of policing techniques and how to disseminate information.
5. What steps would you take if a police officer was disrupting your presentation?
Demonstrates candidates' team collaboration and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources