Interview Questions for Criminologists
1. What have you done to prepare for this job?
Reveals candidate's education, training, and interest in the role.
2. Can you tell us about a complex crime that you had to analyze? How did you formulate a theory around it?
Demonstrates a candidate's critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
3. How would you react to a disagreement with a colleague or supervisor about a particular project?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and willingness to maintain professional relationships.
4. Can you describe an effective approach to profiling criminals?
Shows a candidate's ability to apply theoretical knowledge, research skills, and organizational skills.
5. Describe a time when you made an incorrect analysis about a crime or criminal. How did you resolve the issue?
Demonstrates ability to self-reflect, make amends, and learn from mistakes.