Cocktail Waitresses serve alcoholic beverages and food to nightclub and bar patrons. They may also be known as Cocktail Servers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cocktail Waitress Description Template
We are looking for an energetic, attentive Cocktail Waitress who is committed to providing a high-quality dining experience to our customers. The Cocktail Waitress’ responsibilities include speaking with customers, taking drink and food orders, making recommendations, processing payments, and ensuring that customers’ needs are met and they have an excellent time. You should be a skilled multi-tasker with a passion for customer satisfaction and knowledge of wines, beer, and cocktails.
To succeed as a Cocktail Waitress, you should be friendly, proactive, and efficient. Cocktail Waitresses should also be passionate about the food and drinks they serve and creating a fun, enjoyable experience for every customer.
Cocktail Waitress Responsibilities:
- Interacting with customers by taking their orders, making recommendations, providing them with accurate bills, serving them food and drinks, processing payments, and supplying them with whatever they need in a timely manner.
- Handling multiple tables and tasks in an efficient manner.
- Cleaning and clearing tables.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as preparing ingredients and restocking items, such as straws, napkins, etc.
- Learning about food and beverages, such as wine, beer, and cocktails.
- Taking inventory of supplies and ingredients.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the proper age to purchase alcoholic beverages.
- Standing, walking, and carrying heavy trays of food and drinks.
Cocktail Waitress Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience may be preferred, especially if serving beverages in a fine dining establishment.
- Ability to walk, stand, and carry heavy trays.
- A friendly, attentive attitude.
- Knowledge of cocktails, beer, wine, and food.
- Must be the minimum age to serve alcohol.
- A passion for providing customers with high-quality service.
- Compliance with all local, state, and federal liquor laws.
- Willingness to work at peak hours, which may include evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Cocktail Waitress FAQ:
What is a cocktail waitress?
Also known as cocktail servers, cocktail waitresses serve food and beverages in bars and nightclubs. If there are specific cocktail server duties or skills you’d like included in your job description, simply add them to our cocktail waitress job description template to create a detailed, professional job advertisement.
Can I change your cocktail server job description?
When you get ready to post a cocktail server job, feel free to use or customize our cocktail server description to get a job listing that works for your business.
What should I include in my cocktail waitress description?
When you advertise a cocktail server position, you should include details that will help applicants understand what the job will be like at your company. You should also inform candidates about the cocktail server responsibilities and requirements for your business. Don’t hesitate to make our cocktail waitress job description sample your own by adding information about your business and the qualities you’d like to see in your next hire.
Do you have some examples of cocktail waitress interview questions?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job listings.
After you have created a cocktail waiter and waitress job description that fits your business’ needs, take some time to review our sample interview questions for cocktail waitresses.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources