Climatologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a climatologist to be responsible for studying weather patterns and what causes them. The responsibilities of a climatologist include making predictions on weather changes for the long-term, researching causes of weather changes, and analyzing data.
To be successful as a climatologist, you should demonstrate strong knowledge of scientific software, a deep understanding of science, and strong writing skills. Ultimately, a top-notch climatologist should have superior analytic skills, be a critical thinker, and have knowledge of software for graphics and map creation.
- Analyzing and interpreting data obtained from the Earth and the atmosphere.
- Reviewing past climate conditions and using models to conduct predictions of future climate trends.
- Researching factors that affect climate and cause climate change.
- Providing information and advising policy-makers on environmental topics.
- Drafting models.
- Collaborating with other climatologists, meteorologists, and professionals.
- Degree in climatology, meteorology, or atmospheric science.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of scientific tools used to analyze data.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of software for graphics and map creation.