A Climatologist studies the atmosphere to gain more information about the Earth's climate. Climatologists collect and analyze ice, soil, water, air, and plants to find patterns in weather as well as how these patterns affect the Earth.
Climatologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a Climatologist to be responsible for studying weather patterns and what causes them. The responsibilities of a Climatologist include making predictions on weather changes for the long-term, researching causes of weather changes, and analyzing data.
To be successful as a Climatologist, you should demonstrate strong knowledge of scientific software, a deep understanding of science, and strong writing skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Climatologist should have superior analytic skills, be a critical thinker, and have knowledge of software for graphics and map creation.
- Analyzing and interpreting data obtained from the Earth and the atmosphere.
- Reviewing past climate conditions and using models to conduct predictions of future climate trends.
- Researching factors that affect climate and cause climate change.
- Providing information and advising policy-makers on environmental topics.
- Drafting models.
- Collaborating with other climatologists, meteorologists, and professionals.
- Degree in Climatology, Meteorology, or Atmospheric Science.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of scientific tools used to analyze data.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of software for graphics and map creation.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources