Interview Questions for Astronomers
1. What is your most significant discovery or theory?
Provide insight into experience.
2. Describe your experience writing proposals and scholarly articles.
Demonstrates written communication skills.
3. Of the celestial events that you’ve witnessed, which is your favorite? Why?
Reveals candidate’s interest.
4. Describe your experience working on a research team. How did you approach working with people with diverse backgrounds?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and research experience.
5. How do you formulate a theory, test it, and evaluate the results? Provide examples.
Shows ability to collect and analyze information.