Astronomers use equipment and software to analyze and better understand celestial bodies and events. Strong candidates will have an understanding of science and math and communication skills. Avoid those who lack sufficient knowledge and interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Astronomers
1. What is your most significant discovery or theory?
Provide insight into experience.
2. Describe your experience writing proposals and scholarly articles.
Demonstrates written communication skills.
3. Of the celestial events that you’ve witnessed, which is your favorite? Why?
Reveals candidate’s interest.
4. Describe your experience working on a research team. How did you approach working with people with diverse backgrounds?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and research experience.
5. How do you formulate a theory, test it, and evaluate the results? Provide examples.
Shows ability to collect and analyze information.
Post a Astronomer job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission