Meteorologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a meteorologist to be responsible for studying the Earth's atmosphere to determine weather forecasts. The responsibilities of a meteorologist include analyzing and interpreting meteorological data, issuing severe weather warnings, and broadcasting the weather forecast over television or radio.
To be successful as a meteorologist, you should be able to analyze data accurately, take sound operational decisions, and work under pressure. Ultimately, a top-notch meteorologist should have solid knowledge of atmospheric physics and chemistry, strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to manage time efficiently.
- Analyzing and recording data from global weather stations, satellites, and radars.
- Making interpretations from the land, sea, and atmosphere patterns.
- Providing weather reports.
- Applying mathematical and physical formulae and using computer modeling applications to make weather predictions.
- Researching and predicting climate changes.
- Improving weather prediction models.
- Keeping up-to-date with technological developments.
- MSc degree in science, mathematics or similar.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Interest in weather systems.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in mathematics.
- Computer literacy.