Interview Questions for Astrophysicists:
1. What have been some of your more exciting observations?
Demonstrates candidates' interest in the field, as well as knowledge of astrophysics.
2. Which are the best tools for observing dark matter and why?
Look for candidates who demonstrate a sound knowledge of observation tools and principles.
3. How would you convince a reluctant coworker on the soundness of a discovery of yours?
Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, as well as knowledge of astrophysics.
4. Which recent developments in astrophysics are you most excited about?
Look for candidates who demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the field.
5. What has been your most difficult project and how did you handle it?
Demonstrates candidates' problem solving and critical thinking skills.