An Astrophysicist uses physics, mathematics, and computing knowledge to investigate the formation of stars, planets, and galaxies. Astrophysicist studies astronomical events and celestial bodies to learn more about the universe and how it was formed, from either an observational or theoretical standpoint.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Astrophysicist Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable Astrophysicist to join our team in the study of the universe and the interactions of objects in space. The Astrophysicist studies planets, stars, and astronomical phenomena, as well as conducts research, and develops and tests theories.
To be successful as an Astrophysicist, you should be analytical and have keen observational and research skills. You should be logical, and possess a strong working knowledge of mathematics, science, and computer literacy.
- Using ground-based equipment to explore various occurrences in space.
- Observing, researching, and analyzing celestial bodies and events.
- Developing and testing theories to expand our understanding of the universe.
- Attending lectures, conferences, or other events to learn about current research and discoveries.
- Writing about and presenting findings to others.
- Raising funds for research through proposals and presentations.
- A Ph.D. in Astronomy or Astrophysics.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A working knowledge of astrophysics tools and equipment.
- Excellent researching, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of fundraising options and processes.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources