Also known as Child Care Center Directors, Preschool Directors, or Day Care Directors, Center Directors ensure that child care centers cater to children's basic, educational, and recreational needs. They develop appropriate educational programs, supervise staff members, and manage finances.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Center Director Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dedicated and experienced Center Director to oversee the day-to-day activities of our child care center and ensure that local, state, and federal child care requirements are met. The Center Director’s responsibilities include giving tours to parents looking into suitable child care options, instituting disciplinary measures to address poor staff performance, and addressing parent complaints. You should also ensure that the center's facilities are clean and well-maintained.
To be successful as a Center Director, you should be passionate about early childhood education and have strong leadership skills. Ultimately, an exceptional Center Director should be knowledgeable of child care laws, and demonstrate excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
Center Director Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the center's facilities meet local, state, and federal safety requirements.
- Collaborating with the center staff to develop an educational curriculum that is compliant with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Screening, interviewing, and hiring suitable employees.
- Training new employees, observing their teaching techniques, and providing opportunities for professional development.
- Managing the center's finances by establishing budgets, settling accounts, and keeping track of fees owed to the center.
- Setting up meetings with parents to address behavioral or educational concerns.
- Ensuring that the center is adequately stocked with necessary supplies and equipment.
- Establishing and implementing a marketing plan to attract prospective clients.
Center Director Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) certification.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Proven experience working as a Center Director.
- Sound knowledge of local, state, and federal child care legislation.
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources