Preschool Director Job Description Template
We are actively seeking a qualified preschool director who will oversee the daily operations and administration of the preschool. The candidate will be experienced in the field of early childhood development and lead management of the school. The preschool director’s responsibilities include recruitment of staff, property maintenance, marketing and communication, financial management, and communication with role players.
To be successful as a preschool director, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as love for children. You should uphold the vision of the preschool with pride and ensure that the preschool meets the relevant standard set by the state. Ultimately, a top-notch Preschool Director will determine the needs of the preschool, protect the health and safety of children, work closely with the principal and report to the Board of Directors.
Preschool Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operation of the preschool.
- Manage staff in collaboration with the principal.
- Create policies and develop curricula which conform to the state requirements.
- Ensure that the property is well-maintained.
- Manage financial transactions and prepare budgets.
- Maintain the school website and social media.
- Schedule training of CPR and First Aid for all members of staff.
- Identify and schedule fundraising events.
- Schedule on-going training of teachers.
- Oversee the planning and preparation of meals for the children.
Preschool Director Requirements:
- Degree in early childhood development or related field.
- Certification from the National Child Care Association (NAC) if applicable to the state.
- State license.
- Child Care Administrator License if applicable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in this role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ classroom experience.
- Strong leadership and administrative skills.
- Love for children and passion for teaching.
- No criminal record or child-related offences.