Interview Questions for Daycare Directors
1. How do you work with teachers to provide a fun and stimulating environment for children?
Shows a candidate’s ability to lead effectively and provide quality education.
2. Can you share an experience in which you successfully assisted a teacher with a child who was struggling with his/her progress?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills, knowledge of child care education, and problem-solving skills.
3. Can you describe a time when you mentored a teacher? What improvements did you see in their work?
Shows compassion and dedication to helping staff improve their skills and knowledge.
4. Tell us about a time when you dealt with an irate parent who disapproved of the way his/her child was treated. How did you resolve the matter?
Demonstrates the ability to reach a solution, interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
5. Can you tell us about your approach to managing the day-to-day operations of a daycare center?
Shows the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively.