Day Care Directors are responsible for the daily operations of a daycare center. They ensure a safe and educational environment for young children, manage teaching staff, develop curricula in coordination with teachers, communicate with parents, and uphold the center’s reputation.
Day Care Director Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a qualified Day Care Director to manage our day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children. You will oversee the coordination of education programs that comply with local and federal regulations, ensure that facilities are maintained, manage and support a complement of daycare staff, and manage the center's financial affairs.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in managing all aspects of a daycare center or nursery school, as well as strong leadership skills. You should display a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teachers. Early childhood development experience is a plus.
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the center remains profitable.
- Develop and facilitate a marketing and communications plan.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Early childhood education experience may be preferred.
- Licensure is required.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times.