Day Care Directors are responsible for the daily operations of a daycare center. They ensure a safe and educational environment for young children, manage teaching staff, develop curricula in coordination with teachers, communicate with parents, and uphold the center’s reputation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Day Care Director Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a qualified Day Care Director to manage our day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children. You will oversee the coordination of education programs that comply with local and federal regulations, ensure that facilities are maintained, manage and support a complement of daycare staff, and manage the center's financial affairs.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in managing all aspects of a daycare center or nursery school, as well as strong leadership skills. You should display a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teachers. Early childhood development experience is a plus.
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the center remains profitable.
- Develop and facilitate a marketing and communications plan.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Early childhood education experience may be preferred.
- Licensure is required.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times.