Also known as Child Care Center Directors, Preschool Directors, or Day Care Directors, Center Directors oversee the day-to-day running of child care centers. They supervise and train staff, meet with parents as required, and ensure that child care safety requirements are met.
When interviewing Center Directors, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, patience, and a passion for engaging with children. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor leadership skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Center Directors:
1. How do you keep abreast of the latest developments in early childhood education?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and commitment to further developing his/her teaching skills.
2. What measures should a Center Director take to ensure the safety of children?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
3. What would you do if you suspect that a child has been abused?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, communication skills, and ability to follow established protocol.
4. How would you handle a situation in which a parent is enraged over a minor injury sustained by his or her child during a scheduled playtime?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills, patience, and ability to take control of a situation.
5. What would you do if you noticed a staff member neglecting their duties?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources