A Child Care Provider is someone who provides supervision and care for children’s basic needs in childcare facilities. They perform a range of duties including preparing meals, creating lesson plans and helping children with homework. Also known as a Day Care Worker or Child Care Worker.
Child Care Provider Job Description:
We are on the hunt for a friendly and reliable Child Care Provider to join our energetic childcare center. You will be responsible for overseeing children’s daily schedules, providing support to staff, maintaining childcare facilities, and developing appropriate educational activities.
To succeed in this role, you must be compassionate, friendly, and willing to work a flexible schedule. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner.
- Oversee the safety of children in your care.
- Develop an effective cleaning plan to ensure all of the interactive areas are sanitary and safe.
- Create educational and fun activities for the children.
- Keep up-to-date records of children’s development, routines, and interest.
- Develop and monitor schedules to ensure that children have enough rest, physical activity, and playtime.
- Prepare and serve meals.
- When necessary, administer first-aid or CPR to children.
- Assist children, individually or in groups, with lesson projects and homework.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with parents and guardians.
- A minimum of 2 years’ solid work experience in a certified early childhood education center or equivalent program.
- A high school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Should have valid CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must have a caring and compassionate attitude.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources