Catering Coordinators manage food operations for special events at hotels, resorts and other establishments. They meet and greet guests, oversee food presentation, coordinate event and decor tasks, manage staff, and perform administrative duties.
Catering Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly organized Catering Coordinator to manage our catering and event services. The Catering Coordinator responsibilities will include welcoming guests, coordinating decor and event planning tasks, overseeing food preparation and presentation, maintaining the inventory, liaising with vendors, supervising staff, and ensuring that the kitchen meets sanitation standards.
To be successful in this role, you should have a personable demeanor, a passion for customer service, as well as good networking and financial management skills. Experience in the food service industry is advantageous.
Catering Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Welcoming guests and clients.
- Effectively communicate with all guests and staff in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- Organize and coordinate event timeline, ensuring that the service runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Coordinate and oversee decor set-up and breakdown.
- Processing and receiving food orders on time.
- Maintaining inventory of food and office supplies.
- Liaising with vendors and external suppliers.
- Oversee catering and kitchen staff.
- Managing staff schedules.
- Assisting management with food and decor budget, and managing finances.
- Maintain high personal grooming standards and professional demeanor.
Catering Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in hospitality, culinary arts or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in food service or hospitality industry required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial and/or business management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Organized and punctual.